Unknown or Legendary - Romulan
Rumors and guesses as to the parentage of Romulan abound. Claims that the Romulan is a pure Indica (Afgani/Kush) are mistaken. While there may be some genetics from Indica (Afgani) varieties, anyone who has tried the Romulan knows that the mind warping effect is that of plant with strong sativa traits. `Romulan Joe` and I have had many conversations on the origin of this strain. According to him the original breeders started growing in there backyard and greenhouse in the 50`s, after being introduced to cannabis in the Korean war and bringing home seeds to Victoria. They struggled to grow and acclimatise these seeds selecting the faster flowering shorter plants from the tall lanky Korean strain. When the late sixties and early seventies rolled around, they began trying Columbian and Mexician seeds, hybridizing varieties from these. In the mid 80`s when the Afghani strains swept into North America they briefly tried hybridizing with these but eventually when back to selecting the traits they liked in there old genetics. They worked mainly with Sativa genetics but always selected shorter squatter phenotypes which has made many people think that it is purely Indica strain. But whatever its true genealogy is, I`m sure we can all agree on its great taste and high.
Strain Lineage / Genealogy
- Romulan »»» Unknown Mostly Indica British Columbia
- Unknown Mostly Indica British Columbia »»» Mostly Indica
Crossbreeds and hybrids with "Romulan"
- Romulan »»» Romulan Romulan Joe Cut x Romulan Selection
- Snowcap Romulan »»» Snowcap x Romulan
- Space Queen »»» Romulan x C-99
- The Flav »»» Romulan x Space Queen Spacedude
- Romberry »»» Romulan x Blueberry F1
- Romulan »»» Romulan BX7
- 7 of 9 »»» Romulan Fx
- »»» All direct crossings (23 strains) + Sub-Hybrids! «««
New »»» MapThisShit!