BlackJack (Sativa Seedbank) :: StrainReview :: Indoor
Plant-Profile about BlackJack (by Sativa Seedbank)
Information about the growth of the plants:
- Flowering Time Indoor
- Between 55 an 75 days (Average: 65 days.)
- Stretch after the initiation of flowering
- ±191 Percent
- Initiation of flowering onto around 55 cm. - Final Height onto around 160 cm.
- Growth Behavior
- Side Branches
- a lot of; medium length to long as well as above average strongness.
- The plants of this Cannabis-Strain...
- ...need place and should not be placed close together.
- ...need much care.
- ...are not very tolerant to over- or under-fertilization.
- ...do not need much fertilizer.
- ...need a lot of room upward.
- ...are well suited for a SoG (See of Green).
- ...should only be bred by experts.
- ...should not be heavily pruned.
- ...should be supported into the flowering period. (Nets, JoJos, Bamboo-Sticks).
- ...are tolerant of temperature fluctuations.
- ...have no problems with high temperatures.
- ...looks and grow more like a Sativa.
- ...are well suited for a ScroG (Screen of Green).
- ...are well suited to Supercropping.
Harvest, Yield, Taste, Aroma, strength and effectiveness
- Yield / Quantity
- The crop of this strain is very high.
- Buds / Leaves
- The ratio of buds to leaves is above average.
- Bud Structure
- The dried buds are rather hard and compact.
BlackJack (Sativa Seedbank)
is all together extraordinary and quite recommendable
(On average 8 Points onto a scale between 0 and 10 !)
Seed germinated easily via the paper towel method then inserted into a top-fed DWC hydroponics setup under a 600W light. Plant was topped 3 times in the vegetative stage, leaving 8 main colas. The BlackJack plant responded to training like a champ.
After changing light schedule to 12-12 for the flowering stage, the plant stretched quite a bit, though responded well to supercropping. She seems to be a slow starter in flowering. At first I was disappointed because the buds seemed to be very thin and forming slowly. By the end of flowering stage, I realized that they had fattened up considerably, and due to the stretch, the 8 main colas were nearly a foot long. The long colas had more fan leaves than normal, and at first they sort of hid how big the buds were getting.
She was sensitive to high levels of nutrients and got nute burned until I nearly halved my normal level of nutrients. Once given lower levels of nutrients, she started sparkling right up. Trichomes everywhere - all over the sugar leaves, under the leaves, and all along the stems. I»ve never seen a plant so frosty.
The buds are quite a bit thinner than some of the other big producing plants, but are consistent and well formed which made them easy to dry/cure. Buds have a very nice smell to them, almost flowery, not skunky at all, and buds were described as cerebral and anti-anxiety, no paranoia. Has been very popular as a day strain. Overall I«m very impressed, and would definitely grow this strain again. (28.10.2013, 02:08)
Here you can have a look onto the single Plant-Profiles:
SeedFinder Strain Reviews
This Strain-Profile is an average out of all Plant-Profiles who was uploaded by our users. If you also have grown this strain before, please use our upload-form to expand and update this data! It's fast and easy, you only have to check some boxes, but it will help us a lot to fill up our database and standardize the strain-descriptions. And later we can integrate some options to search or sort this data, too!